1. My in-laws are in town from Germany to meet their grandsons for the first time. This is wonderful, but also time-consuming.
2. I have become increasingly paranoid about being blog-outed again, and thus, I rarely log in to WordPress or Blogger or any other blog-host software when my guests are around (or while I was in the presence of family while traveling), just to be on the safe side, were a stray eye to look over and catch a glimpse of my screen name or whatnot.
3. Traveling is exhausting. Hosting guests (even if they aren’t staying at your house) is exhausting. Settling back into a as-yet-undetermined routine is exhausting. Babies who DON’T SLEEP are exhausting.
4. The babies (despite sleep-protesting) are actually beginning to nap somewhere besides on me. The newfound freedom is intoxicating.
5. I feel so behind in life, I fear I may never catch up. (I’m still trying to unpack from a trip that ended a full 11 days ago…)
6. I just got back from the doctor, and the pain in my back that has been shouting louder and louder and louder is, as it turns out, scoliosis. Awesome.
7. Add a dash of tendonitis in my shoulder (if by “dash”, I mean “HEAPING MASSIVE PILES”), and that’s where you find me now.
Accounts of my death have been greatly exaggerated. That’s the quote, isn’t it?
Anyhow, all of this is to explain why I am reading (I promise, promise, promise!), but commenting has been scarce, due to the need to log in and leave said comment, and time to write said comment (one of these days, I might be able to become one of those drive-by “U rock!” comment leavers, but for now, I just can’t bring myself to not be personal in my commenting), and the searing pain that occurs when I lift my left hand higher than my navel.
Bear with me. Things should be settling down sometime around the 17th when the in-laws depart and H returns to work. I have so much to say, but not much time and energy in which to say it. But for now, it’s snowing and pretty and we’re having BLTs for dinner (my GOD, I love a good BLT) and Jack just woke up from his nap, so I should go live some life (so I’ll have something to blog about, eh?). I will be back– your patience is appreciated.